friday night snacks #2

Seems like Friday nights I need a bit more relaxed food, after a long week I just don´t feel like cooking for hours. This time I found a nice little tapas and it is quick and easy and perfect with some tomato-rubbed bread and a glass of red wine. Or two. Because I just read in NY Times that "Mr. Right, It Turns Out, Does Not Take Classes". Bad news. Bad, bad news. Not that I´m taking evening classes but at least I had a good explanation to why I haven´t met Mr. Right yet. Yeah, yeah, I know that was NY, but if he doesn´t take classes there, why should he take classes here? He does not run, doesn´t go to tennis classes (oh, excuse me, he takes private lessons!) , he already knows how to sail, ride, knows good wine so you won´t find him on wine testings, not at the fitness boot camp or at scuba diving.

God, there was a poor girl taking all these classes hoping she would find Him. OK, so now I´m sad. And relieved. I know that there is no hope left but I can be spared from going to evening classes. It´s always good to have arguments when friends try to chase you to various activities so that you meet a guy.

Oh, sorry, here comes Mr. Bill Granger´s recipes for the tapas. It has been a lot of feelings lately, I´ll try to keep that down and come up with some nice recipes. Tomorrow I´m planning to have Kofta Tagine. For one. ;P

tomato & chorizo salad

serves 2

1/2 tbs olive oil
1 chorizo sausages, sliced 1 cm thick
125g plum tomatoes, halved
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced into rings
1/2 tbs chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 tsp sherry vinegar
squeeze of lemon juice
Heat 1/2 tsp oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Add chorizo and cook for 1-2 minutes, turning, until crisp. Drain on paper towel, then combine in a bowl with tomato, onion and parsley.Whisk together the vinegar and remaining olive oil, then toss with the salad. Serve in little bowl with a squeeze of lemon juice.


tomato-rubbed bread with jamon and olives
serves 2

4 slices bread
a drizzle of olive oil
1 garlic clove
2-3 plum tomatoes, halved
Jamon (I only had Prosciutto)

Preheat oven to 200C. Brush bread with oil and place on a baking tray. Bake for 5-10 minutes, turning once, until golden. Rub one side of the bread with the garlic, then with the cut side of the tomato, allowing the tomato juice to soak into the bread. Serve with Prosciutto and olives.

Now I only have to choose a nice chick flick and my Friday evening is saved!

Comments

Kelly-Jane said…
Mmm, they both sound and look lovely, the chorizo one reminds me of a Delia recipe I used to cook, must look it up again, I absolutley love chorizo!
vonsachsen said…
Kelly-Jane, I must tell you how grateful I am for your visits AND comments, they really keep me going :)
Lisa said…
Well, the NYT told you everywhere you cannot find Mr. Right, but did they advise on where he might be found? I always thought he would be in a bookstore, but he apparently didn't go there either (when I was looking).
vonsachsen said…
Lisa, they only told about a woman who found Mr. Right when "not looking"... and then a gentleman who wrote a letter to NYT after this article and told about his best frend finding her Mr. Right on a car exhibition. Can´t see myself walking around car exhibitions though, looking for a man :D

Popular Posts