friday night snacks

I have my mum visiting so I´m not going to be long. I have given her some old Hungarian magazines so the crosswords in them will keep her busy for a while ;)
I just wanted to tell you quickly about a recipe I´ve found in delicious.October 1995, Aus edition.

I had a small piece of pumpkin left after making the Pumpkin Salad the other day and I wanted to use it up finally. We have been eating out today but it was about 4 pm and I couldn´t go to bed with an empty stomach but I couldn´t eat anything heavy either. I didn´t change a thing about the recipe but sprinkled some fresh sage leaves on top. Oh, and I used 50ml cream, as I only had a 6cm cutter and my pies would hold less egg-cream mixture. They were just great and I will be making them again.


Open Roast Pumpkin & Feta Pies
Makes 20

350g pumpkin, peeled, cut into 1cm cubes
2 tsp olive oil
3 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
2 eggs
100ml light thickened cream
100g low-fat feta, crumbled
fresh or dried sage leaves (optional)

Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease two 12-hole muffin pans. Place pumpkin on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. drizzle with oil and season. Roast for 20 minutes or until cooked.
Cut 20 rounds from the pastry sheets using a 6.5cm cutter. Press into muffin holes to cover base and a little of the sides. Whisk eggs and cream together. Divide pumpkin among rounds, top with 1 teaspoon of egg mixture, then sprinkle with feta. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden. Cool slightly, then turn out.

Comments

Kelly-Jane said…
Wow! They look so good, I've not eaten pumpkin and feta, but it sounds like a lovely combo :)
pistachio said…
Ummmm ... they look delicious!

pi xxx

Popular Posts