mediterranean mood

I´d like to believe that I most often cook what I crave but seeing my latest posts and even if I look back a bit longer, I see that what I cook often depends on available ingredients. What I mean, is that cooking for one often leaves me with leftover ingredients and it develops into a chain.

In my last post I cooked the lamb tagine, so I needed dates. Of course I couldn't use up all the dates in the tagine so I found a desert that used mainly dates, the stuffed dates. To be able to make the stuffed dates I needed pistachios that came in a package of 400g that left me with a few handfuls of pistachios that needed to be used.

This last week I have been leafing through Cucina Siciliana ( see my previous post on this book) by Clarissa Hyman as I have booked a trip to Sicily and I was about to plan which places to visit and there I saw these wonderfully grass green lamb chops with pistachio pesto. They were quick and easy to make, flavourful and colorful, especially if you like pink lamb chops. Of course I couldn´t resist to make some tzatziki on the side and they went very well together. Don´t be misled by the name Pistachio Pesto because this dish has very little with the well known pesto to do. Here we are talking about a paste made of chopped or ground pistachios, breadcrumbs, lemon zest and olive oil that you spread on the chops one minute before they are ready.

The tzatziki doesn´t need any presentation I guess, it´s Greek yogurt, grated cucumber, garlic, dill and a little lemon juice. You can add mint too, but I prefer it without.

Comments

farida said…
We make Jajik a lot - it is a TUrkish name of the dish:) My Turkish hubby loves it. Yum!
Kevin said…
Lamb chops with pistachio pesto and tzatziki sounds really good!
Pistachio pesto sounds delicious, your meal looks wonderful.
Lisa said…
Yum! They look & sound delicious.
How exciting that you're going to Sicily!
As for "The Caliph's House"...{sigh} now I will put it on my wish list!
Maria said…
Wow these look and sound so good, delish!

Maria
x
Kelly-Jane said…
Looks like a delicious supper to me :)
Norm said…
Your food photos are wonderful VS. I'm struggling not to lick the computer screen...
That looks so delicious! I find sometimes that I end up with something of a food chain of leftovers, even when cooking for two... :)
Sharona May said…
Looks wonderful and mediterranean is one of my absolute favorite types of food.


Thanks,
sharona may
JillyB said…
That lamb looks so yummy!
I've tagged you!

Popular Posts